Plenty of Food, Fun & Fireworks to Celebrate 4th of July in Orlando
*The information listed has been updated for 2022 based on available information. Please always confirm with the venue/restaurant prior to making plans as everything is subject to change.
There are awesome options to celebrate 4th of July in Orlando with family and friends. Here are my best picks. Enjoy!
Where to Celebrate 4th of July in Orlando?
Fireworks & Events:
Red Hot & Boom, one of the biggest 4th of July events in Central Florida returns in 2022. Red Hot & Boom in Altamonte Springs celebrates 25 years as the city’s larger-than-life fireworks display comes back to Cranes Roost Park. In addition to the display at 9:30 p.m., guests can enjoy live music, food and family-friendly activities. The music lineup includes Em Beihold, Sofia Carson, The Walters, JVKE and Nicky Youre. Drones, large coolers or coolers on wheels, glass containers, alcohol, grilling and pets are prohibited. The free event begins at 4 p.m. July 3 at 274 Cranes Roost Blvd. in Altamonte Springs. More information: altamonte.org. You can also pack your own picnic in a soft cooler as no wheeled coolers are allowed. (read my tips for creating an epic picnic)
On Monday Avalon Park’s 4th of July Celebration is baking up an apple pie contest, a bike parade, bounce park, vendors, and more. They’ll finish things up with a fireworks show at 9 p.m. On the downtown side, the big shebang is at the 45th annual Fireworks at the Fountain. The night will start with a performance by the Orlando Concert Band and an appearance by Mayor Dyer, before a vibrant fireworks display takes to the sky right above the Lake Eola fountain.
Clermont’s Red, White & Boom provides a Fourth of July celebration with food trucks, a live band, a pie-eating contest, a “most patriotic” dressed contest, and fireworks show above Lake Minneola at 9:15 p.m. for guests gathered at Waterfront Park. Enjoy festivities 7-10 p.m. July 4 at 300 3rd St. in Clermont. More information: clermontfl.gov
Downtown Orlando: Lake Eola Fireworks at the Fountain
The beautiful setting of Lake Eola is perfect for a relaxing evening with the downtown Orlando skyline as your backdrop. Set up a blanket or chairs along the lake and celebrate the 4th of July with spectacular fireworks and light show over the fountain. Orlando’s 45th annual Fireworks at the Fountain will bring together the community for live entertainment and a vibrant fireworks display right above the Lake Eola fountain. Family and friends can gather for a patriotic performance by the Orlando Concert Band and see Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer before the fireworks show at 9:15 p.m. Outside alcohol and fireworks are not allowed. Coolers, umbrellas, chairs, and well-behaved pets are allowed. Find the free festivities from 4-10 p.m. July 4 at 512 E. Washington St. in Orlando. More information: orlando.gov.
If you’re wondering where to get an All-American meal nearby prior to the festivities, stop by one of my favorite restaurants in town, Soco, where Chef Greg Richie serves up southern comfort food taken to new levels of contemporary deliciousness. Their happy hour from 5 pm-7 pm serves up the classics. That’s what I call All American! 629 E. Central Blvd, Orlando FL. 407-849-1800.
Kissimmee’s Monumental 4th of July Celebration:
Spend the evening at Kissimmee’s Lakefront Park along Lake Toho celebrating America at the Monumental 4th of July Celebration! Dance through the decades enjoying live music from various bands including Doug E. Fresh, C+C Music Factory, the Gerry Williams Band, and more. The KUA Kids Power Zone with interactive games, a beer garden, food vendors, and a spectacular fireworks display over the lake. Festivities around the lake from 5pm-9:30pm, Fireworks show at 9:10pm, July 4. Free parking and admission. Located at 250 Lakeshore Blvd, Kissimmee FL.
Promenade at Sunset Walk Star-Spangled Weekend Celebration:
Star-Spangled 4-Day Celebration: Celebrate Independence Day with four days of family-friendly fun and music at Promenade at Sunset Walk Orlando! From Friday, July 1 through Monday, July 4, guests will enjoy 15 live bands and DJ’s, street performers, a car and truck show, a street market and more. Plus, don’t miss a special fireworks spectacular on July 4 itself, beginning at 9:30 p.m. This all-ages outdoor event will be presented rain or shine, and is open for FREE to guests of all ages.
Burger Eating Contest at BurgerFi: Join BurgerFi at the Promenade Sunset Walk for their Burger Eating Contest this 4th of July! Two contests will take place at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m., and each is limited to 12 participants. Winners will receive a trophy, a $150 BurgerFi gift card and more. Must be 18 or older to register. Registration begins at 3 p.m. on the day of the event.
Lake Nona Block Party:
Throw on some red, white, and blue and join us for the Great American Block Party on Sunday, July 3. This year’s celebration will feature food trucks, funnel cakes, cotton candy, carnival games, live entertainment, and an aerial show by the Patriotic Parachute Team. Sunday, July 3 | 5 – 10 p.m. Lake Nona Town Center. Be sure to stop by Boxi Park for live music and BBQ specials. Celebrate independence with Boxi and BBQ. Enjoy live music, a BBQ pop-up and holiday-inspired drink features. Monday, July 4 | 12 – 10 p.m.
Mount Dora Freedom on The Waterfront:
On Sunday Mount Dora’s Freedom on the Waterfront will have live music, food trucks and fireworks on the shores of Lake Dora at 9:15 p.m. Over in Altamonte Springs, Red Hot & Boom is celebrating 25 years at Cranes Roost Park as the city’s larger-than-life fireworks display.
Walking around Historic Downtown Sanford, or “Sanfording” as the residents call it, always makes for a fun day. On July 4th, visit your favorite local restaurants and breweries followed by evening fireworks over Lake Monroe just after sunset (7pm). Star Spangled Sanford brings music, food, a kids zone and drinks to the RiverWalk and Fort Melon Park with a fireworks show over Lake Monroe. Personal fireworks, alcohol, glass containers, pets and golf carts are prohibited within the event. Find the celebration 7-10 p.m. July 4 at 600 E. 1st St. in Sanford. More information: sanfordfl.gov
Windermere is whipping up its fourth annual free 4th of July pancake breakfast, 9-11 a.m, at Town Hall. That means Windermere provides the pancakes, butter, and syrup (and juice, coffee, and milk while supplies last), but if you want berries or chips or whatever, you gotta bring it yourself. It’s free, and Tim’s Wine Market Windermere will be selling mimosas.
Winter Garden’s Red, White and Blue Americana event brings an entire weekend of fun for the Fourth of July holiday. Live music will kick off festivities 7-9 p.m. July 1 on Centennial Plaza in downtown Winter Garden. From 8 a.m.-1 p.m. July 2, the farmers market will have family-friendly games, live music and patriotic decorations. For the July 4 holiday, a parade will kick off at 10 a.m. and fireworks will dazzle from Newton Park at 9:15 p.m. More information: downtownwg.com
The City of Winter Park’s Annual 4th of July Celebration brings families free cookies, mini pies and Kona Ice, plus a kids zone and a live musical performance by the Bach Festival Brass Ensemble and Choir. In addition, there will be a bike parade. Explore the festivities from 9-noon July 4 at 255 S. Denning Drive in Winter Park. More information: cityofwinterpark.org
Winter Springs Celebration of Freedom brings together a variety of vendors along with live music and a “fireworks spectacular” display beginning in Central Winds Park. Sparklers, pets, alcohol and glass items are among items prohibited in the park for this celebration. Explore offerings from 5-9:30 p.m. July 4 at 1000 Central Winds Drive in Winter Springs. More information: winterspringsfl.org
Watermelon 5K Run in Winter Park:
Start your Independence Day celebrations on the right foot with AdventHealth July 4th Watermelon 5K along beautiful Park Avenue in Winter Park FL. The 3.1 mile run/walk race, organized by Track Shack. After the race, enjoy free ice-cold watermelon, cheer on the watermelon eating contest and let the kids run free in their own kids race. Afterward, make a day of it at Winter Park’s Central Park celebration. This is the perfect event to get your family and friends together. Register online. The run starts at 7:30am at Winter Park’s Central Park. Military personnel and dependents get $10 off and a special race bib.
All American Dining at Area Restaurants and Resorts
Thoughts of 4th of July celebrations immediately bring to mind a Backyard BBQ so this list would not be complete without a tribute to this All American Summer tradition. These fantastic Orlando Resorts and Restaurants are offering their best version of this BBQ Tradition and treats:
- CITRON: Located at JW Marriott Orlando at Grande Lakes Resort. Enjoy fresh and flavorful American classics sure to satisfy a variety of palates. Sunday, July 3, 5 – 9pm. Reservations recommended, call 407-393-4683. Monday, July 4, 5 – 9pm buffet only
- CITY WORKS EATERY & POUR HOUSE: Grab your friends or gather the family and meet at City Works Eatery & Pour House located in Disney Springs this Independence Day for their signature Rock n’ Roll brunch. Celebrate freedom with festive dishes like the Breakfast in America, a savory sausage patty and aged cheddar scrambled eggs, tucked between a green onion cheddar biscuit served with cheesy potato casserole. Brunch will be offered from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- HIGHBALL & HARVEST: Located at Ritz Carlton Orlando at Grande Lakes Resort. This Southern-inspired restaurant pays homage to days gone by and provides the ideal setting to make your celebration together truly special. The menu features ingredients from local farms and the resort’s own garden. Á la carte menu and special menu insert. Monday, July 4, Lunch 11:30am – 2:30pm and Dinner 5:30 – 10pm. Reservations required, call 407-393-4034
- KNIFE & SPOON: Located at Ritz Carlton Orlando at Grande Lakes Resort, recently received one Michelin star, and Top 3 for the 2020 Best New Restaurants in the U.S. by USA Today 10 Best, Knife & Spoon features new American steak and seafood conceived and led by award-winning chef John Tesar. Á la carte menu. Monday, July 4, Dinner 5:30 – 10pm. Reservations required, call 407-393-4034
- STK STEAKHOUSE at Disney Springs: Indulge in the Red, White & Blue Lobster Topping for only $17.76, Fourth of July Weekend Brunch & Fourth of July Happy Hour!
- THE EDISON: Red, White and Bull Cocktails: Get your wings with delicious Red Bull cocktails, available starting July 1 at The Edison. Each of these three tasty concoctions mixes the carbonated flavor of a fan favorite energy drink with the finest spirits available. There will also be two fresh and fruity non-alcoholic options.
- THE RAVENOUS PIG, Orlando’s award-winning swine-centric restaurant in Winter Park celebrates July 4th with “Heat & Eat BBQ Baskets” to make celebrating at home easy and delicious! Or dine in the restaurant. Reservations available 407-628-2333. Located at 565 W Fairbanks Ave, Winter Park, FL.
- Local chain 4 RIVERS SMOKEHOUSE and Catering will be open on the 4th of July holiday from 11:00am to 5:00pm. Active Military, Reserve Military, Veterans, and First Responders receive a free classic BBQ sandwich on Independence Day. A 10% military discount is also offered on an ongoing basis. For more information about 4 Rivers Smokehouse Summer specials and happenings, visit 4RSmokehouse.com
- Peterbrooke Chocolatier of Winter Park is the place to go for your patriotic chocolate treats! You’ll find 4th of July themed Rice Krispies balls, squares, pretzels, flags, and more! They will be opening at 9am on the 4th of July so stop by as you enjoy all fun activities at Central Park and along Park Avenue.
- Orlando World Center Marriott Independence Day celebration will feature live music, a nighttime laser show, daily activities, and fireworks. An overnight stay is not required, but visitors will otherwise have to pay for parking or have it validated by an onsite restaurant. Dine at Siro Urban Italian Kitchen or the Lobby Lounge.
- Craft Beer & BBQ is always a winning combo for 4th of July weekend. On Monday July 4th, Smokemade Meats + Eats BBQ pop-up brings their Central Texas-style smoked meats, sides and desserts to Tactical Brewing in Baldwin Park, starting at 6pm. Pre-Order by Sunday 7/3, 11:59 pm and pick up at the pop-up if you want to celebrate at home. Family Packs feed 8-10.
4th of July at Orlando Resorts:
Margaritaville Resort Orlando Star-Spangled Splash Bash:
On July 2nd, get ready for the biggest pool party of the weekend at Margaritaville Resort Orlando’s Fins Up Beach Club, with fun games and events for guests of all ages. Enjoy limbo, hula hoops, relay races, and so much more. Vitamin Therapy Services – B12 Fireworks Shot: Add an extra spark to Fourth of July Weekend with VTS’s B12 Fireworks Shot. B12 gives a great boost of energy, promotes detoxification, and helps lift brain fog. The shot will be available at the Vitamin Lounge from July 1st through July 4th
Encore Resort at Reunion:
Star-Spangled Summer Splash Bash – Enjoy special themed games, crafts and more activities, like a watermelon eating contest, snow cones, trivia and tie-dye, happening during the Fourth of July weekend at Encore Resort’s pool and water park. Fourth of July Activities – Make for an unforgettable holiday with the holiday activities, featuring tie-dye, corn hole, snow cones, popsicle eating contests, live Gatorland shows and movies by the pool. Grilled Goodness – As a holiday special, Encore Resort is bringing out the grill so guests may indulge in grilled favorites, such as hot dogs and burgers. Red, White and Blue Cocktails + Mocktails – Sip on red, white and blue cocktails and mocktails to celebrate the holiday.
*Guests of The Bear’s Den Resort Orlando are also welcome to the Fourth of July happenings at Encore Resort at Reunion, as Bear’s Den Resort guests have access to the Encore Resort’s 10-acre water park, sports facilities and more.
The Ritz Carlton Orlando and JW Marriott at Grande Lakes Resort:
Resort guests are invited to enjoy Family Fun in the sun and glide down an inflatable slide on the DaVinci Lawn (weather permitting) and enjoy the fun poolside with family games, live entertainment and drink specials. In the evening, Lakes Alive Fireworks Show at 9 pm. For details, call 407-393-4977.
Splash into the 4th with the American Dream Pool Party featuring DJ Nela and complimentary Bomb Pops. Also indulge in fresh Florida food and frozen cocktails. Saturday, July 2 | 1 – 5 p.m. HAVEN Pool.
Lake Nona Residents save 20% on room rates with the promo code ‘resident’ (proof of residential address required) at lakenonawavehotel.com. The flag never looked better with HAVEN Nights: Stars and Stripes party under the stars on the HAVEN Pool deck with live music, DJ Sierra and more. Saturday, July 2 | 7 p.m. – late. HAVEN Lounge. Reservations Recommended
4th of July at Orlando Theme Parks:
Walt Disney World Resort
No one does fireworks and light shows better than Disney! If you’re already planning a visit to the theme parks, Magic Kingdom and EPCOT will go all out. Check the Disney app for details and schedule.
SeaWorld’s fireworks can be viewed from various areas in the park including option for reserved seating. SeaWorld Orlando is offering a 4th of July special with admission savings up to 35% on Tickets, Fun Cards and Passes now through July 4. Fun Cards provide guests with park admission through December 31, 2022, for one low price. For even more unbeatable benefits, guests can purchase a SeaWorld Orlando Annual Pass and enjoy 12 months of visits with special benefits like free parking, free guest tickets, access to special VIP events, savings on merchandise and more
Universal Orlando Resort will feature special entertainment at Universal Studios Florida on July 4 to celebrate Independence Day, including a high-energy band, live DJ, meet & greets with Universal’s most popular characters, and patriotic-themed performers and stilt walkers.
The festivities will kick off on Monday, July 4 at 5 p.m. and run through park close at the Music Plaza, which will be decked out in festive décor and all things red, white and blue. The celebration will culminate with a special pyrotechnics display at 9 p.m. which guests can view throughout the theme park.
Did I miss your favorite place to celebrate 4th of July in Orlando? Please share in the comments below.
I hope this list inspires you to get together with your family and friends and celebrate life and freedom regardless of where you live or where you are from.
If you liked this list, please share it with your friends using the social media links below. Sharing is caring.
Happy 4th of July!
Cheers to America!