Plenty of Food, Fun & Fireworks to Celebrate 4th of July in Orlando
When you think of 4th of July in the United States, you think of Freedom. The Red, White and Blue! Proud to be an American! Then you think of Family, Friends, Food, Fireworks and Fun! I know I do. So get the gang together and celebrate this great country of ours. There are awesome options to celebrate 4th of July in Orlando with family and friends. Here are my Top 9 picks for the best 4th of July Celebrations with great food and fun. Enjoy!
Top 9 Best Ways to Celebrate 4th of July in Orlando
1. Red Hot & Boom Concert & Fireworks in Altamonte Springs
Start celebrating a day early at Red Hot & Boom, one of the biggest 4th of July events in Central Florida. On July 3rd, you and 100,000 of your closest friends will enjoy top musical acts, fun activities for the kids and a spectacular 25 minute fireworks show set to Patriotic music in Cranes Roost Park. Event starts at 4pm, but I suggest getting there early to claim your spot along this beautiful lake. Fireworks show starts at 9:30pm. Located at 27 Cranes Roost Blvd, Altamonte Springs, FL. 407-571-8863. Parking and admission is free. As food and drinks are an important ingredient of any celebration, various local food vendors will be set up around the lake. You can also pack your own picnic in a soft cooler as no wheeled coolers are allowed. (ready my tips for creating an epic picnic) Nearby, check out favorites, Jason’s Deli for great deli sandwiches and salads or go for the most American of foods, burgers at Five Guys.
2. Baldwin Park Independence Day Bash
Another early celebration on July 3rd, from 6-11 p.m., is Baldwin Park’s Independence Day Bash. The free, annual event kicks off with a festival in Village Center of Baldwin Park. Enjoy DJ and live band entertainment, a showcase of artisans and craftsman with works for sale, festival snacks/food trucks, a beer garden, face painting, balloon art, interactive activities, and more. At 9:15 p.m., get ready for a spectacular, choreographed fireworks show over Lake Baldwin. Stop in one of my favorite restaurants in town, The Osprey Tavern for Happy Hour from 5pm-7pm and dinner. Event located at 4801 New Broad Street, Orlando FL
3. Kissimmee’s Monumental 4th of July Celebration
Spend the evening at Kissimmee’s Lakefront Park along Lake Toho celebrating America at the Monumental 4th of July Celebration! Dance through the decades enjoying live music from various bands including Doug E. Fresh, C+C Music Factory, the Gerry Williams Band and more. The KUA Kids Power Zone with interactive games, a beer garden, food vendors and a spectacular fireworks display over the lake. Festivities around the lake from 5pm-9:30pm, Fireworks show at 9:10pm, July 4. Free parking and admission. Located at 250 Lakeshore Blvd, Kissimmee FL. 407-935-1412
4. Disney’s Magical 4th of July Celebrations
No one does fireworks better than Disney. We are lucky in Central Florida to have our pick of three Disney theme parks each offering their own unique show to celebrate a Disney 4th of July. The Magic Kingdom will feature the whimsical “Disney’s Celebrate America: A 4th of July Concert in the Sky” show at Cinderella’s Castle at 9:15pm on July 3rd and 4th. You can also partake in DJ dance parties in Frontierland and Tomorrowland and enjoy The Muppets Present show reenacting famous moments in American history. Hollywood Studios is the place to be for Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular at 10pm on July 4th. Over at Epcot, the “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth show” is impressive on its own and for this occasion they will add a grand-finale salute to America featuring The Heartbeat of Freedom, a five minute patriotic fireworks finale that will leave you with goosebumps and proud to be in America no matter where you are from. Meet Disney characters dressed in patriotic attire, listen to the sublime Voices of Liberty singers and the Spirit of America Fife & Drum Corps, enjoy a history lesson in the American Pavilion, and sample beers and foods from the USA. Fireworks show begins at 10pm around the World Showcase Lagoon. A word of warning: the parks are incredibly busy this time of year. If you go, plan to be there all day as the parks will close once they reach capacity. If you want to watch the fireworks but don’t want to spend all day at the park, a fun alternative is to have dinner at The Polynesian Resort’s or the Grand Floridian and watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks show from their beach area.
5. Olde Fashioned 4th of July Picnic in Winter Park
The City of Winter Park with its charming and inviting Central Park, will celebrate 4th of July the old-fashioned way with horse-drawn wagon rides, activities for the kids including a bicycle parade, and a patriotic musical performance by the Bach Festival Brass and Bach Festival Choir. Festivities start at 9am to 1pm on July 4th. Bring your blanket and a picnic and enjoy the outdoors and the fun. Free hot dogs, watermelon and water will be offered while supplies last. Free bike valet service for those riding their bikes. After the festivities are over, stroll along Park Avenue and Hannibal Square and enjoy the great shops and restaurants. Stop by the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art for their Independence Day Open House and view the largest collection of work by American artist Louis Comfort Tiffany. Free admission until 4pm. Central Park located at 251 Park Avenue S, Winter Park FL. 407-599-3463. Admission is free.
6. Watermelon 5K Run in Winter Park
Start your Independence Day celebrations on the right foot with a fun Watermelon 5K along beautiful Park Avenue in Winter Park FL. The 3.1 mile run/walk race, organized by Track Shack, begins at 7am. After the race, enjoy free ice-cold watermelon, cheer on the watermelon eating contest and let the kids run free in their own kids race at 8:15am. Afterwards, make a day of it at Winter Park’s Central Park Olde Fashioned 4th of July celebration. This is the perfect event to get your family and friends together on July 4th in Orlando. Located at 251 Park Avenue South, Winter Park FL.
7. Lake Eola Fireworks at the Fountain
The beautiful setting of Lake Eola is perfect for a relaxing evening with the downtown Orlando skyline as your backdrop. Set up a blanket or chairs along the lake and celebrate 4th of July with a spectacular fireworks and light show over the fountain, live music, beer garden, kid’s play area, and fireworks finale. Entertainment throughout the park begins at 4pm with The Fountain show at 9:10pm. Located at Central Blvd and Eola Drive, Downtown Orlando, FL. Free admission. Local food vendors will be available.
If you’re wondering where to get an All American meal nearby prior to the festivities, stop by one of my favorite restaurants in town, Soco, where Chef Greg Richie serves up southern comfort food taken to new levels of contemporary deliciousness. Their happy hour from 5pm-7pm serves up classic martini, manhattan and old fashioned cocktails for only $6. Thats what I call All American! 629 E. Central Blvd, Orlando FL. 407-849-1800.
8. All American Dining at Area Restaurants and Resorts
Thoughts of 4th of July celebrations immediately bring to mind a Backyard BBQ so this list would not be complete without a tribute to this All American Summer tradition. These fantastic Orlando Resorts and Restaurants are offering their best version of this BBQ Tradition:
- Highball & Harvest at Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes: Southern-style BBQ favorites and a lavish buffet where bacon is the star of the show (the menu includes a bacon bar!). Enjoy Florida craft beers, cask wines, cocktails with live music 5:30pm-9pm. Reservations required 407-393-4648. Located at 4012 Central Florida Parkway, Orlando, FL.
- Omni Orlando Resort at Champions Gate: From Wednesday July 4th to Sunday July 8th, resort guests can enjoy a wide variety of 4th of July themed activities and entertainment including a fireworks show on July 4th and 7th. Reservations required 407-238-6564
- Reunion Resort serves up mouthwatering American inspired cookout with live music, lawn games plus a grand finale fireworks show on July 3rd. Reservations required.
- The Ravenous Pig, Orlando’s award-winning swine-centric restaurant in Winter Park celebrates July 4th with their once a year Summer Picnic! Chef created an All-American menu with all the backyard-bbq favorites. The a la carte summer picnic menu includes Grilled Oysters, Biscuits and Cheese, Ravenous Pig Burger, Fried Chicken, Ribs and Whole Hog BBQ plate and more. Grab a seat in the restaurant, the bar or the taproom. Reservations available 407-628-2333. Open from 11:30am-5:00pm with limited food menu, full bar. Located at 565 W Fairbanks Ave, Winter Park, FL.
- For the first time in its history, local chain 4 Rivers Smokehouses and Catering will be open on the 4th of July holiday from 11:00am to 5:00pm. They’ve recently introduced new menu items including Brisket Bowls, perfect for Summer. Active Military, Reserve Military, Veterans and First Responders receive a free classic BBQ sandwich on Independence Day. A 10% military discount is also offered on an ongoing basis. For more information about 4 Rivers Smokehouse Summer specials and happenings, visit 4RSmokehouse.com
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground has their epic “Fourth at the Fort” special events around the Fourth of July holiday including the Fourth of July 5K Run on Tuesday, July 3. Pre-registration at the Fort Wilderness Bike Barn. On-site registration begins at 7 a.m. in the field next to Mickey’s Backyard BBQ; the run begins from that location at 7:30 a.m. The Fourth of July Golf Cart Parade begins at 4 p.m. on July 4. Registration will be open June 24-30 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Fort Wilderness Bike Barn. The Fourth of July Beach Bash at Clementine’s Beach will take place from 6-11 p.m. on July 4. Guests will enjoy a live DJ, dancing, games, contests, a movie, and more. In addition, the Fort Wilderness food truck will be available in the settlement area with delicious items for purchase.
- The Edison at Disney Springs goes patriotic for their “Burger of the Month” with The Red, White, & BBQ Burger. Indulge in layers of short rib and brisket topped with house made BBQ pulled pork, fried onions, and coleslaw. Red bliss potato salad on the side completes the meal. A Funky Buddha Floridian Beer makes the best pairing. Your taste buds are sure to get a jolt at this power plant themed joint! The best part is this you can enjoy this 4th of July special all month long!
- Peterbrooke Chocolatier of Winter Park is the place to go for your patriotic chocolate treats! You’ll find 4th of July themed Rice Krispies balls, squares, pretzels, flags, and more! They will be opening at 9am on the 4th of July so stop by as you enjoy all fun activities at Central Park and along Park Avenue.
9. NASCAR Coke Zero Sugar 400
If you’re a fan of fast cars and fireworks, then this is the perfect event for you as NASCAR’s elite drivers compete for the checkered flag at Daytona International Speedway. End your week of celebrating America on Saturday July 7th with this nighttime race which is followed by a spectacular fireworks extravaganza! Arrive early and tailgate, enjoy the eats and the fun activities in the Fan Zone or head over the new One Daytona dining and entertainment complex. There is nothing more American that a day at the races! Located at 1801 West International Blvd, Daytona Beach FL.
Did I miss your favorite place to celebrate 4th of July in Orlando? That’s why this is a Top 9 List instead of Top 10. There may be a great place that I don’t know about and want to add to my list, so please share in the comments below.
I hope this list inspires you to get together with your family and friends and celebrate life and freedom regardless of where you live or where you are from.
If you liked this list, please share it with your friends using the social media links below. Sharing is caring.
Happy 4th of July!
Cheers to America!