Cows N Cabs event features the best of Orlando’s dining scene together for one delicious night!
When asked my favorite “Must Eat” dining options in Orlando, the list is long. We have a plethora of spectacular restaurants and culinary treats in The City Beautiful. Lucky for us, 30 favorite local chefs and culinary artisans will feature their best bites under one roof – actually a large tent – at the Cows N Cabs event, together for one delicious night! It’s a “Must Do” event every Fall!
The 2018 Event is on Saturday November 3rd. Here’s a recap of what you can expect:
Dress up in your finest western threads, get your friends together and head to Winter Park’s West Meadow for a fun evening at one of the best charity events in town. Enjoy live music, silent auction, gourmet bites, craft beers, spirits and wines during a night perfectly tailored to celebrate with friends.
The best part of this night: 100% of ticket sale proceeds and auction items will benefit local charities. The outdoor, Western-themed festival, founded in 2012, has donated over $525,000 since its inception and hopes to break the cycle of poverty in Central Florida. In 2018, 100% of proceeds will benefit local charities: After School All Stars and Elevate Orlando.
FEATURED CULINARY TALENT:
The yearly outdoor event, hosted by ABC Fine Wine & Spirits’ David Larue and Chef John Rivers of 4 Rivers Smokehouse, brings together some of the area’s top culinary talent.
Some of the chefs in attendance in 2018 are returning favorites and newcomers! Guaranteed you won’t leave hungry!
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse and The Coop – Chef John Rivers
- The Sweet Shop – Chef Jenny Herbert
- 1921 by Norman Van Aken – Chef Camilo Velasco
- Bake Me a Cake – Chef Mercedes Strachwsky
- DoveCote – Chef Clay Miller
- Enzo’s Hideaway – Chef John Miele
- Foxtail Coffee Co. – Lain Yeakle
- Hawkers Asian Street Fare – Chef Kariloly Arias
- Hunger Street Tacos- Chef Joseph Creech and Chef David Creech
- K Restaurant – Chef Andrew Fisher
- Luke’s Kitchen and Bar – Chef Brandon McGlamery
- Morimoto Asia – Chef Yuhi Fujinaga
- Peterbrooke Chocolatier – Chef Daniel Lehr
- Pizza Bruno – Chef Bruno Zacchini
- Proper & Wild – Chef Emily Congdon
- Reel Fish Coastal Kitchen + Bar – Chef Mike Zajac
- Reyes Mezcaleria – Chef Wendy Lopez
- Soco Thornton Park –Chef Greg Richie
- STK – Chef Jonathan Fahey
- Tamale Co. – Chef Fernando Tamayo
- Tapa Toro – Chef Francisco Galeano
- Taverna Opa – Chef Vassilis Coumbaros
- Terralina Crafted Kitchen – Chef Justin Plank
- The Glass Knife – Chef Stuart Whitfield
- The Polite Pig – Chef James Petrakis
- The Ravenous Pig – Chef James Petrakis, Chef Julie Petrakis and Chef Nick Sierputowski
- The Rusty Spoon – Chef Kathleen Blake
- Todd English’s BlueZoo – Chef Jason Wiggin
Dave Larue, Vice President of ABC Fine Wine & Spirits and co-founder of the event, has hand selected more than 200 wines, favorite cocktails and craft beers for the event. Sponsors include Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits, Jameson, Grey Goose and Beam.
In addition to food from James Beard Award-nominated chefs and professionally curated beverages, guests at the western-themed soiree will enjoy live music by acclaimed country music recording artist Angie Keilhauer. Recognized in 2017 by Rolling Stone as one of “10 New Country Artists You Need to Know,” Keilhauer will her perform her signature style of “beach-friendly country and roots rock” at Cows ‘n Cabs while attendees stroll between the various food and wine stations.
Here’s some more photos from the event in past years. Don’t miss it!
For more information and to purchase tickets for the event on Saturday November 3, 2018 please visit www.cowsncabs.com.
I look forward to seeing you there. It’s going to be a rocking good time!
Disclosure: I was an invited media guest of Cows N’ Cabs. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own. As always, I only share with you experiences worth celebrating to inspire you to #MakeSomedayHappen one delicious bite, sip and trip at a time! For more information on my guidelines, click here. Cheers!