Fun New Year’s Eve events in Orlando, outside of the theme parks
*** This post is updated to include information for 2020. Bookmark it as updates are added regularly as new information is received. Please reconfirm all information with the venue as all is subject to change. ***
New Year’s Eve is my favorite holiday of the year. I love the excitement, hope and anticipation for all the wonderful things the new year could bring. This year more than ever, we are ready to leave 2020 behind and say hello to a better 2021!
Orlando has plenty of fun options to celebrate. For those looking for great food and fun, I have lots of great options whether you want a multi-course chef-centric meal, a fancy gathering, or a relaxed affair at home. I categorized the fun into nine types of celebrations depending on what kind of mood and experience you want. These are GoEpicurista’s Top 9 most Festive New Year’s Eve Celebrations in Orlando!
1. Go Dine In Style For New Year’s Eve with Multi Course Dinners!
Want to ring the new year at an epic award-winning chef’s table or a phenomenal steak dinner? Check these spots out:
- BIG FIN SEAFOOD: Offering a Four Course Meal with 1st course: Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail or Half Dozen Blue Point Oysters, 2nd course: Lobster Bisque; Creme fraiche, chives and herb crouton or Green Goddess Salad; Locally Grown Baby lettuce, grapes, apples, blue cheese and walnuts, 3rd course: Filet Mignon; Truffle Demi, roasted asparagus and roasted garlic mashed potatoes or Hong Kong Chilean Sea Bass; Shitake Mushroom Dashi and steamed Bok Choy and 4th course: Cereal Milk Crème Brûlée or Strawberry Basil Sorbet. $99 per person includes one drink ticket. One bottle of wine or champagne per 2 guests. Reservations at BigFinSeafood.com
- BITES & BUBBLES: Join Nick and Eddie and enjoy a 3-course dinner, with entree choice of Beef Short Rib, Salmon Filet, or Duck Leg Confit for $49. Limited seating. Menus and reservations click here.
- CHEF’S TABLE AT THE EDGEWATER: One of only 2 restaurants in Central Florida selected for the Top 100 restaurants in America by Open Table and Zagat, and consistently voted one of the best restaurants in Orlando by Orlando Magazine, Chef’S Table at The Edgewater owners Kevin and Laurie Tarter will help you ring in the new year in foodie heaven. Offering a four course tasting menu using fresh local ingredients, this dinner belongs on every foodie bucket list. Call 407-230-4837 or click here for reservations. 99 West Plant Street, Winter Garden. 407-230-4837
- DEL FRISCO’S DOUBLE EAGLE STEAKHOUSE: Indulge in a decadent four course meal featuring choice of crab cake appetizer and main courses including Prime Strip, Ora King Salmon, Broiled Lobster Tail and Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake with Godiva Chocolate Sauce. Kids are welcome, so bring the whole family to celebrate with a $20 children’s menu. Adults can enjoy a wine package that includes three glasses of either sparkling, red or white for $45. Reservations suggested, starting at 5 p.m. Click here for more.
- THE DISTRICT SANFORD: Dine on Chilean Sea bass, Filet mignonette and Maine lobster Raviolo to bring in the New Year in Historic Downtown Sanford! Reserve on Yelp or call 407-330-2730
- THE H ORLANDO: The Mediterranean steakhouse in Dr. Phillips is known for being swanky (you can read my experience here). No surprise they’re ringing the new year with a posh menu, champagne toasting, and dancing into the night! First Seating: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (Tables will be reserved for 2 hours), $150 Per Person (Plus Tax & 22% Gratuity). Second Seating: 9:00 PM to Close (Adults Only 18+, Children Under 18 Not Permitted), $250 Per Person (Plus Tax & 22% Gratuity). Call 407-930-3020 for reservations. Limited seating available. Click here for details.
- THE OSPREY: Celebrate with a nine-course Chef Tasting Menu by Executive Chef Michael Cooper and Pastry Chef Denise Newberry. Space will be limited due to social-distancing measures; all guests will be seated only with their own party and at least six feet from other tables. Feast on Citrus Cured Hamachi with Florida citrus, pomegranate, avocado, Thai basil. Octopus with marinated tomato, roasted oyster mushroom. Sunchoke Soup with Brussels sprouts, pumpkin seed, chorizo. Quail with miso glaze, black garlic, butternut squash. Razor Clam with bacon, pangrattato, leek, chile. Celery Root Tortellini with truffle sauce, pickled celery heart, mushroom duxelle. Snapper with red beet borani, za’atar, radish, lentil. Prime Rib with pomme puree, au jus, roasted carrot, smoked maldon. Chocolate Entremet with champagne gelée & chocolate cake. Seats must be reserved in advance and purchased at www.theospreyorlando.com 4899 New Broad Street, Orlando.
- LUISA’S CELLAR: If you’re in Historic Downtown Sanford, say goodbye to 2020 in style with a fabulous wine dinner. Owner Sommelier Yellymary will be guiding you through 4 full courses and 4 wines along with a Champagne reception. Menu includes Winter salad with pomegranate seeds, goat cheese, candied pecans and orange-fennel vinaigrette, Curried butternut squash soup with apples & toasted cashews, Choice of Steak au poivre with rosemary & roasted garlic smashed potatoes OR Brown butter scallops on toasted orzo with cranberries, sliced almonds and tarragon cream sauce. $80 per person plus 20% gratuity and tax. Limited to 20 people. Admission to this event guarantees you seating at PRIVATE New Years Eve Party Socially Distanced Lockdown in our Speakeasy & Patio 10pm-midnight and champagne toast at midnight if you wish to attend. Get Tickets here.
- SWIRLERY WINE BAR: Advanced Sommelier Melissa McAvoy hosts a special wine pairing dinner with Nicole Cooks Every Thing. Blow out 2020 with decadence. Stay after dinner and enjoy DJ’s playing the hits of the decades. They will start off with Champagne and finishing with it as well. Yes real Champagne from France plus 2 incredible wines as well. $149 per person includes tax and gratuity and DJ event after. Dinner includes oyster with passion fruit curd, chili, pickled shallot, 63 degree egg, caviar, Parmesan broth, toast, grilled charred cabbage wedge salad with buttermilk dressing, salmon, butternut squash purée, lentils, roasted mushrooms, pickled radish and cranberry pomegranate mousse pie, chocolate truffle. Click here for reservations.
- THE OLD JAILHOUSE SANFORD: Indulge with a three course meal and complimentary glass of bubbles for $60pp. Two seatings: 5pm and 7pm. wine pairing option as well! TheOldJailhouseSanford.com/Events or call (407) 548-6964
2. Go “Dine” Around the World!
Looking for travel inspiration on New Year’s Eve, these hot spots will have you booking your next vacation!
- BULLA GASTROBAR: Travel to Spain with Bulla Gastrobar, Winter Park’s tapas sensation. Enjoy prix fixe 4 course menu with complimentary champagne toast at midnight. $60 per person plus 25% off select sparkling wines. Open 5p-Midnight. Regular menu also available. 110 S Orlando Ave #107, Winter Park. Call 321-214-6120
- ESTEFAN KITCHEN: Gloria and Emilio Estefan’s new reimagined Cuban restaurant is now open in Sunset Walk. The restaurant, nightclub and entertainment venue is the first Estefan Kitchen location outside of Miami bringing the flavor and music of Cuba. Serving their classic mojitos and dishes including their Chimichurri Prime Rib, Guava glazed BBQ Ribs, Papaya marinated Lamb Chops. Click here for more info. Make reservations at call 407-828-0999
- HOLLERBACH’S WILLOW TREE CAFE: the Sanford favorite German spot is celebrating the new year when midnight strikes in Deutschland, just before 6 p.m. Enjoy traditional German music, at 205 E. 1st St. in Sanford; Entertainment by Jimmy and Eckhard: Live Traditional German Music 5 pm – 8 pm- Theos Linsensuppe (homemade Lentil soup – a NYE/New Year’s Day tradition in Germany, Italy and elsewhere), COUNTDOWN to midnight on German time, with a live TV feed to the midnight festivities in Deutschland! just before 6 p.m. And – never to be missed on a German New Year’s Eve – we will be playing the classic British television comedy sketch “Dinner for One,” a beloved tradition on New Year’s Eve in Germany since it was first filmed (in English with German subtitles) especially for the German television audience in 1963. hollerbachs.com
- KABOOKI SUSHI: Chef Henri Moso revamped the original Kabooki Sushi on Colonial Avenue with a continued mission to combine locally sourced, seasonal ingredients with the best cuts from Japan in a fun atmosphere. Guaranteed to be a party! The second location in Dr. Phillips is equally swanky. Don’t miss the special Omakase dinner for $175 with drink pairings for additional $75, two seatings 6:30pm and 9pm. Kabookisushi.com
- REEL FISH COASTAL KITCHEN: will transport you to coastal towns of the South with an homage to the rustic fish camps established in the 1930s. Enjoy fantastic sustainable seafood dishes (don’t miss the whole fish house specialty!) as well as top notch dishes from the land for the non-seafood eaters (the slow roasted half chicken is finger licking good!). The atmosphere is relaxed casual and the service is warm and hospitable. To ring in the New Year on Dec. 31, they will be open until 2AM, serving their regular lunch and dinner menu, plus a NYE Lobster Special featuring a 1.5lb Maine Lobster served with a baked potato, coastal slaw and drawn butter for $39.00 dine in or take out. PLUS: Live DJ from 7:30pm – late, Get Reel Happy Hour 4:00- 7:00pm, Bottomless Champagne 4PM- for $20.21, Complimentary Midnight Champagne toast! For reservations please call (407) 543-3474 or Click here for information. Orange Avenue, Winter Park.
- TAPA TORO: The paella pit at Tapa Toro, located in the I-Drive 360 complex, is sure to please on New Year’s Eve! Say ‘adiós’ to 2020 with a scrumptious Spanish meal, and ‘hola’ to 2021 with a champagne toast. Plus, enjoy live flamenco dancing all night long. Open on New Year’s Eve from 1P – 1:30A! Two seating options. First seating offers a four-course meal, while the second seating option offers a five-course meal and other special offers. Tickets required. 8441 International Drive, Orlando.
- TAVERNA OPA, Orlando’s favorite Greek/Mediterranean restaurant in Pointe Orlando is known for their lively music, belly dancers and exceptional cuisine. On New Year’s Eve enjoy Taverna Opa Goes Live with live entertainment, family-style appetizers, dessert station, surf & turf entree open bar & champagne toast, starts at 9pm. $85 per person. Get your tickets. 9101 International Drive, Orlando. New Year’s Eve Party begins at 9 pm
3. Go Dine Fancy at an Orlando Resort!
Orlando is home to some of the fanciest resorts for those of you that want to live it up in style! Book a room and spend the night or simply visit for dinner, either way, welcome the new year in style!
- FOUR SEASONS RESORT ORLANDO AT WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT restaurants are offering modified seating capacities for the safety and comfort of guests, and in addition to indoor dining, al fresco seating is available. At Capa, guests can enjoy a beautiful sunset view from the rooftop terrace on the 17th floor plus fantastic steaks and seafood with one of the most striking views of Orlando in an ultra sexy space Plancha offers a serene lakeside setting with cosy outdoor seating including Southern-style porch rocking chairs. The Lobby Bar offers an expansive outdoor terrace with plentiful seating and views of palm trees, and Ravello offers an indoor/outdoor terrace and select seating outdoors by the beautiful orb water fountain. Click here to view the restaurant hours and reserve your dining experience at Four Seasons Resort Orlando. 10100 Dream Tree Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL.
- GRAND BOHEMIAN HOTEL: Event begins at the pool and continues in The Boheme and Bosendorfer Lounge. Be transported to 1940’s Paris with a 5-course chef’s tasting menu, Nicolas Feuillatte Champagne, a luxury open bar, 5-piece band, surprise entertainers and more. $245 + tax and service charge. More info here: Le Cirque at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando
- HILTON BONNET CREEK: La Luce, Hilton Orlando’s Italian specialty restaurant, serves up family recipes handed down from generation to generation. Chef de Cuisine Alberto Navarrete Arias has prepared a five-course dinner selection, full of special holiday favorites. $150 per guest. Tax and gratuity are additional. Children’s Menu available. Tax and gratuity are additional. Reservations are suggested: 407-597-3675. website
- WALDORF ASTORIA: Famed Bull & Bear hosts one of the fanciest New Year’s Eve celebration in Orlando. Indulge in a prix fixe menu of five courses. Included with each reservation is a bottle of champagne per table, live entertainment, photo booth, viewing of the Times Square ball drop, and dancing all night in our spacious outdoor cabana lawns exclusive for our gala guests. $250 per guest. Tax and gratuity are additional. Formal wear is suggested. How about a Twilight Cabana? Celebrate New Year’s Eve with your friends and family in a private cabana poolside at Waldorf Astoria. Countdown to 2021 in a private poolside cabana. Included is a bottle of sparkling wine, festive decorations, HD flat-screen television for your very own private viewing of the Times Square ball drop, and party gear to get you ready for the celebration! Twilight cabanas are available from7pm-12am for $400. Reservations required – limited availability, please contact Concierge, Aquamarine or call 407-597-5500. 14200 Bonnet Creek Drive, Orlando FL.
- JW MARRIOTT & RITZ-CARLTON ORLANDO GRANDE LAKES RESORT: Enjoy a variety of dining options at the luxury resort. Celebrate in elegant style in The Lobby Lounge with cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and live entertainment. Limited reserved seating available. Resort guests only. Must be 21 years or older, valid ID card required. For reserved seating, $300 for two and $500 for a party of four, includes a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Yellow Lable Brut.Reservation call; 407-393-4444 HIGHBALL & HARVEST offers a la carte menu as well as holiday-inspired dishes paired with specially crafted champagne cocktails. For Resort guests only. Reservation required; 407-393-4034. PRIMO will serve à la carte menu featuring PRIMO classic dishes and special offerings. Reservation required 407-393-4444. Guests of JW Marriott will also enjoy lakeside party and fireworks.
- OMNI ORLANDO RESORT AT CHAMPIONS GATE: Ring in the New Year with special NYE dining options at David’s Club and Zen. Plus, overnight resort guests are invited to celebrate the new year with a beautiful fireworks display at the resort at 9pm. The Check Out of 2020, Check Into Celebrations overnight package includes Luxurious accommodations, Two mini bottles of Moet and Chandon Imperial French Champagne Rose, Two Omni branded champagne flutes, can be taken home as a souvenir, Box of four gourmet chocolate truffles, New Year’s Eve themed party favors. This package is available for overnight stays on December 31, 2020 only.
- ROSEN PLAZA: New Years at Jack’s Place, from 5-9pm, Chef Michael presents a duo entrée special consisting of Pan Seared Chilean Sea Bass and Nueske’s Bacon Wrapped Petit Filet Mignon with chef’s potato and fresh seasonal vegetables for $49.00. Guests can also mix and match the new “Dining with the Stars” prix fixe menu for $35, or enjoy favorites from the a la carte menu. For reservations, call (407) 996-0256 or website.
- ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK: Kick off 2021 and toast to a spectacular year ahead with complimentary bottomless champagne at Orlando’s most acclaimed and extensive one-of-a-kind gastronome feast. Celebrate the new year in style with a lavish spread as diverse in offerings as it is delightful in palate-pleasing surprises. More than 60 dishes include prime meats and succulent seafood to chef’s carving stations, pastas and more, bountiful salads, piping hot homemade soups, fresh baked breads, rolls and muffins, an array of harvest-fresh vegetables, inventive sides and an unrivaled dessert display sure to feature long-time favorites and new ones yet to be discovered. Reservations are required and include complimentary self-parking. Enhanced safety and security measures will put you at ease and include socially-distanced seating, masked attendants serving from the buffet and more. Cafe Osceola at Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel, 9939 Universal Blvd., Orlando, FL 32819. $59.95 per adult plus tax and service charge, $24.95 plus tax and service charge for children ages 4-11. Children 3 and younger eat free. Visit RosenHotels.com/RosensTotalCommitment to learn more about elevated safety protocols. Call 407-996-3663
- WALT DISNEY WORLD SWAN & DOLPHIN RESORT: Enjoy a few options at this WDW Resort. Il Mulino A la carte from 4 – 6:15pm; four-course dinner from 7:15 – 11pm for $135 for adults and $40 for children (not including alcoholic beverages, taxes or gratuities). Dining time limited to two hours. For more details and to make reservations, 407-934-1199 or Todd English’s bluezoo Full menu in addition to New Year’s Eve specials including a Surf & Turf special for $80 and baked Alaska dessert special for $13.50. Reservations can be made by calling 407-934-1111
- WYNDHAM GRAND ORLANDO RESORT BONNET CREEK: Chef Jonathan McCaan and his talented team will wow you with a special dinner in deep blu seafood grille. (You can read about my previous visits here) Enjoy Bone-in Angus Filet Mignon with Yukon Potato Black Truffle Au Gratin, Vanilla Butter Poached Maine Lobster Medallions with Blistered Asparagus, Madeira for $75. Reservations recommended. website.
- UNIVERSAL ORLANDO HOTELS: will feature New Year’s Eve dining options at the following restaurants. Guests can make reservations by calling 407-503-3463.
- Hard Rock Hotel: The Kitchen will have a three-course, prix fixe dinner featuring entrees such as a Grilled Hoisin Glazed Pork Chop, Grilled Porcini Dusted Beef Tenderloin, Pan Seared Florida Red Snapper and more. Click here for the full menu.
- Plus, guests ringing in 2021 at Hard Rock Hotel can enjoy a family-style breakfast at The Kitchen on New Year’s Day.
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: Trattoria del Porto will have a buffet with nine displays including a carving station with Roasted Prime Rib and Salmon Wellington, and hot main selections including Citrus Glazed Ocean Bass, Braised Short Rib and Cauliflower, Root Vegetable Casserole and more. Click here for the full menu.
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort: Islands Dining Room will have a prix fixe dinner featuring foods from different regions around the world in its “Around the World Celebration.” Click here for the full menu.
- Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort: Bayliner Diner will have a New Year’s Eve Carving Special offering from noon to 11 p.m. that features Beef Striploin, Truffle Roasted Potatoes and Broccoli Florets. Click here for the full menu.
- Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites: Beach Break Cafe will feature carving stations that include Slow Roasted Beef Striploin and other mouthwatering items. Click here for the full menu.
- Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites: Universal’s newest hotel will also feature carving stations that include Slow Roasted Beef Striploin and more at Pier 8 Market. Click here for the full menu.
Florida Residents can turn their dinner into a fun staycation and ring in the New Year with low rates at the all-new Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites, designed to evoke the cool, calm feeling of a beach retreat. Guests traveling now through January 2, 2021 can book standard rooms and 2-Bedroom Suites for under $100 per night. To book a reservation, visit https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/places-to-stay/universals-endless-summer-resort-dockside-inn-and-suites.
3. Go For Craft Cocktails!
If you’re looking for craft cocktails and local sourced chef-centric bites:
- THE COURTESY BAR in Downtown Orlando is the place to be if you want the best craft cocktails. This ticketed, private event from 8:30pm-12:30am will operate at a limited capacity. Along with a reserved seat, your $98 ticket gets you Full open bar alongside specialty NYE cocktails, Hors D’oeuvre and Snacks by Swine and Sons, DJ, Ball Drop on TV, Midnight Champagne Toast. Open till 2am so stay as long as you’d like, but we will open back up to the public (space permitting) at 12:30. Let’s ring in the new year in a safe, cozy environment. Get your tickets on TOCK.
4. Go To The Movies!
If you love movies, Enzian Theater is the place to be.
- Enzian Theater’s annual dress to impress New Year’s Eve party is going back to the 1970’s with a Boogie Nights theme for the 21 and over crowd. Enjoy bubbles and signature cocktails open bar, live music and a confetti cannon and ball drop at midnight. Come in your grooviest disco attire and you could win a prize. Enjoy some bubbly and boogie your way into the new year! 7PM Doors open and live music begins, 9PM Film begins, 12AM Midnight champagne toast and ball drop! $99 per person (Tables are purchased as 2- and 4-tops) Live music performed by Leisure Chief, Unlimited beer & wine until 9pm, Light hors d’oeuvres, Plated dinner, Themed cocktail, Champagne toast and Dessert. V.I.P.: $135/person (Tables are purchased as 2- and 4-tops) Includes all of the above, plus Reserved tables in prime theater seating area, Unlimited beer & wine all night, Complimentary bottle of champagne (1 bottle for 2-tops, and 2 bottles for 4-tops), Large popcorn during film, and Party favors (including Blu-Ray copy of Boogie Nights to take home with you!)
5. Go Play!
If you’d rather play games on New Year’s Eve, gather up safely and check these spots out:
- Main Event Entertainment at Pointe Orlando is currently closed but they are hosting the ultimate, live-hosted, virtual game show on New Year’s Eve! Compete with families around the country for an hour of live games and trivia, and a chance to win the $500 grand prize! The show starts at 7pm CT and is just $10* per family. Space is limited so reserve your spot now!BUY TICKETS NOW
- Top Golf is not hosting a party this year, however, the venue is open and small groups can enjoy their heated bays, a full menu and bar. 9295 Universal Blvd. in Orlando. topgolf.com
6. Go to a Foodie Mecca!
Disney Springs is the foodie playground of Orlando with a wide variety of fun restaurants to choose from to ring in the new year in Lake Buena Vista. Plenty of safety procedures have been put in place. Closing time is listed as 11pm so no late night fun but still plenty of great eats. My favorite is to walk around from restaurant to restaurant, enjoying libations and bites from their walk-up windows, or you can choose one of these outstanding restaurant options for the night. Either way, you are in for a fun night! Here’s a few of my favorites:
- ART SMITH’S HOMECOMING KITCHEN: For a true taste of Florida, celebrity chef Art Smith welcomes you home! At Homecoming Kitchen, gather with friends around the table and enjoy dishes like Chef Art’s succulent Fried Chicken, spicy Shrimp and Grits and a slice of his world famous Hummingbird Cake. The Moonshine Flights and Shine cocktails are sure to make the evening jolly! Live entertainment is found in the outdoor patio.
- CITY WORKS: Brew Year’s Eve (21+ Only) Offering two Chef’s Holiday Specials paired with beer or ales. Filet Medallions for $36 or Short Rib for $26. Full menu also available. Reservations recommended.
- JALEO: Ring in 2021 Spanish-style at Jaleo by Jose Andres. From 5pm-12am the restaurant will be serving the regular dinner menu available and Tasting Menu. Visit https://www.jaleo.com/location/jaleo-disney-springs/ for reservations.
- MORIMOTO ASIA: Go Pan-Asian at Morimoto Asia, the swanky restaurant by legendary Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto. You can enjoy an amazing feast featuring Peking Duck, epic fall-off-the-bone sticky ribs and picture perfect sushi in the expansive restaurant or the intimate Forbidden Lounge. Lots of Sake choices and cocktails to choose from to ring in the new year in style. Call 407-939-6686.
- PADDLEFISH: Board a reimagined steamboat turned luxury yacht. Paddlefish is bringing back their popular New England Boil for one night only, which combines Maine lobster, chorizo, littleneck clams, red potatoes and sweet corn seasoned with Chef Richard’s secret blend of spices and served with cornbread for $80. Additionally, Dec. 31 is National Champagne Day, and anyone who orders Paddlefish’s New Year’s Eve special will receive a free glass of bubbly. Don’t skip the lobster corn dogs, lobster guacamole and crab fries and save room for key lime pie! Reservations recommended. 407-934-2628
- RAGLAN ROAD IRISH PUB: Go Irish at Raglan Road Irish Pub. The bar was built in Ireland and brought to Orlando! It doesn’t get more authentic than that (oh and it’s also owned and operated by two very cool Irish guys!). You won’t need luck on New Year’s Eve to enjoy great Irish food, the perfect pint of beer, cocktails and the most impressive live Irish entertainment in town! Toast the New Year twice with complimentary champagne, at midnight in Ireland (7pmEST) and again at midnight in Orlando. Guests can order from the full menu of modern Irish cuisine, craft beers, cocktails, whiskeys, flights and more. Best yet, there’s no cover and free parking. ON NEW YEAR’S DAY, check out their fabulous Rollicking Raglan Brunch with entertainment and “The Cure” – their version of the Bloody Mary! 407 938 0300 or click here for reservations.
- STK ORLANDO: With a live DJ pumping dance tunes, a variety of cocktails and a menu to tempt your tastebuds, the modern steakhouse and chic lounge at STK Orlando, is sure to be a happening spot on New Year’s Eve. Reservations recommended.
- TERRALINA CRAFTED ITALIAN, serves up Italian specialties created by Award winning chef Justin Plank, in a setting inspired by Italy’s Lake District. On New Year’s Eve, glasses of Prosecco will be $10 all day. On New Year’s Day (Jan. 1), Terralina Crafted Italian will offer a special Frutti di Mare entree. The dish features scallops, shrimp, mussels, clams and fresh fish in a rich saffron butter broth tossed with house-made bucatini for $45. Don’t miss the Antipasti tower, Meatballs, and Crispy Eggplant Fries together with craft Italian beers, wines and cocktails. More info here.
- THE EDISON: Welcome the New Year at this steampunk era themed eatery. In year’s past they’ve had epic New Year’s Eve celebrations. This year not so sure they will have a big party but it’s a fun vibe and great cocktails.
- WINE BAR GEORGE: Dine at Florida’s only Master Sommelier owned restaurant! A wine lover and craft cocktail lover’s dream menu paired with fantastic Mediterranean tapas. Enjoy Roasted Iberico Pork Tenderloin with black eyed peas, braised chard and porcini mushroom sauce. In addition to their full menu and wine list featuring over 140 wines by the glass, bottle and ounce including many sparkling wines and Champagne for ringing in the New Year. You can even build your own flight! Read all about my 9 Reasons to Visit Wine Bar George. Click here for more info.
Universal Orlando City Walk:
As the countdown to 2021 begins, guests can look forward to celebrating New Year’s Eve at Universal Orlando Resort with all-new, exclusive menus across select Universal CityWalk restaurants and at Universal Orlando hotels. From prix fixe menus that allow guests to choose from a variety of delectable options – creating their own three-course meal for one set price – to individually-priced menu items uniquely themed to their restaurant of choice and only available on December 31, this year’s offerings include something for everyone – and every palate – to enjoy.
Universal CityWalk guests can enjoy New Year’s Eve dining options at the following restaurants. Guests can make reservations by calling 407-224-3663.
- Antojitos Authentic Mexican Food: Menu items include Tamale Fritters with Pork Belly, Achiote Marinated Top Sirloin and Seasonal Flan
- Bigfire: Three-course, prix fixe dinner featuring traditional American fare and entrees such as Dry Aged Porterhouse, Bison Filet, Cedar Plank Lobster Tail and more
- Bob Marley—A Tribute to Freedom: Caribbean-inspired cuisine including Ackee & Saltfish Wontons, Rum Braised Lamb Shank and Rum & Raisin Bread Pudding
- The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar: Three-course, prix fixe dinner that features Asian-inspired entrees such as Shoyu Miso Salmon, Wagyu, Duck, Tofu and more
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville: Tropical-inspired menu featuring items like Tequila-Spiked Shrimp Ceviche, Crab-Crusted Florida Snapper and Passion Fruit Mousse
- NBC Sports Grill & Brew: Fun dishes for every sports fan to enjoy, including Lobster Corn Dogs, Surf & Turf Wagyu Burger and Praline Chocolate Crunch Cake
- Pat O’Brien’s: This Bourbon Street-themed eatery will include options such as a Pork Belly Wedge Salad, Blackened Beef Filet “Oscar” and Butterscotch Pudding
- The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium and Savory Feast Kitchen: Three-course, prix fixe dinner featuring entrees such as New York Strip Steak au Poivre, Pan Roasted Salmon, Wild Mushroom & Truffle Risotto and more
- VIVO Italian Kitchen: Three-course, prix fixe dinner that’s perfect for any lover of Italian cuisine, with entrees such as Lobster Risotto, Piedmontese Beef Tenderloin, Pistachio Grouper and more
For more information about the New Year’s Eve dining options across Universal Orlando, as well as this year’s Holidays celebration and incredible deals for guests to take advantage of this season – including the limited-time “Get 3 Days Free When You Buy 2 Days” offer that is available for purchase through January 6, 2021 – visit www.UniversalOrlando.com.
7. Go Be Entertained!
Outdoors in Central Florida is a great place to be this time of year! Here’s a few options with live entertainment and a casual street party atmosphere welcoming for the whole family to ring in the New Year!
Guests can enjoy non-stop music while social distancing protocols are enforced. The Promenade at Sunset Walk, Central Florida’s premiere destination for dining and entertainment is welcoming 2021 with a rocking street party and concert starring rock icons, Collective Soul. Coming hot off a triumphant, yearlong celebration of their 25th anniversary in 2019, the band will be performing tracks from their acclaimed 2019 album “Blood” and classic hits like “Shine”, “Gel”, “The World I Know” and “Breathe.” Plus, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame’s Robin Zander – lead vocalist of Cheap Trick performs an unplugged set including Cheap Trick anthems, “I Want You to Want Me”, “Surrender” and “The Flame”. Additional live music appearances on The Promenade Plaza Stage including international showband “Latin Ambition” and DJ Scotty B. The New Year’s Eve street party will be hosted by Sunset 365 host, Cori Yarckin and will also include street performers, 2021 party favors and face masks, midnight fireworks display and confetti storm. Collective Soul is the second band to headline New Year’s Eve at The Promenade at Sunset Walk. In 2019, the complex hosted its first NYE concert with reggae legends, The Wailers. This year, for the safety and well-being of guests, capacities will be limited in addition to mandatory face masks, hand sanitizer and temperature check’s administered upon entry. Hand sanitizing stations will be staged throughout the complex, social distancing maintained via sectioned viewing areas, additional staffing for the continual cleaning of high touch surfaces and 2 large screen video walls for distanced viewing of all performances. The concert is family-friendly, and all ages are permitted. Tickets are available in advance for $62.00 per person. TO PURCHASE TICKETS: http://sunsetwalk.com/events/nye
Welcome 2021 in Vegas style as Orlando’s coolest bar in town presents its 2021 New Year’s Eve Party – Vegas Baby! Event from 8pm-2am will feature the following packages in limited quantity:
- VIP Package (limited to 50 guests): $125 per person + $25 gratuity and tax – Includes reserved VIP seating in the Fire Lounge, VIP entry into the ICEBAR at midnight (11:30pm-12:30am), open Premium Bar from 8pm-10pm, Champagne Bar from 11:30pm-12:30am, Midnight Celebration Buffet at 12:30am, party favors and free digital souvenir photos.
- ICE Package (limited to 250 guests): $85 per person + $15 gratuity and tax – Includes ICEBAR entry (excluding 11:30pm-12:30am), open Premium Bar from 8pm-10pm, Champagne Bar from 11:30pm-12:30am, Midnight Celebration Buffet at 12:30am, party favors and free digital souvenir photos.
- General Admission (limited quantity): $50 per person + tax – Includes ICEBAR Entry (excluding 11:30pm-12:30am), Champagne Bar from 11:30pm-12:30am, Midnight Celebration Buffet at 12:30am, party favors and free digital souvenir photos.
Casino-Style games will be available for play throughout the evening with the opportunity to win incredible prizes! ICEBAR Orlando’s Celebration Buffet will be Chef attended and includes a variety of tasty selections to bring in the new year. Packages are available for purchase. View ICEBAR Orlando’s Covid-19 Safety Guidelines. 8967 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819. website or call 407-426-7555.
Boxi Park, the innovative outdoor and entertainment park located at Lake Nona Town Center is a casual venue for the entire family to enjoy. Say goodbye (and good riddance) to 2020 with TWO events at Boxi Park! Click here for info and tickets.
- Family Friendly Event with DJ, Kids Crafts, Surprise Party Bag “Midnight” Ball Drop at 7PM $10 (2 & under free)
- 2021 Celebration 21+ Celebration with Live Music by Paradigm & DJ, Champagne Toast at Midnight, Party Favors, and Photo Ops. General Admission: $20 in advance, $30 at the door, VIP $150 Includes no line at the door, open bar, and reserved seating!
- The Park will close from 8-9PM. Tickets are limited for each event. Social distancing will be enforced and masks are required.
The Entertainment destination on International Drive offers a variety of restaurants and entertainment venues in addition to the Orlando Wheel.
- TIN ROOF ORLANDO: Choose from two fun NYE celebrations. Start off the night with the Joe Bachman show from 6-9pm on the Tin Roof stage and a live interactive experience with your favorite songs played by Joe and Zac. Or, go for the Late Night Party to celebrate with two rooms full of live entertainment! The Tin Roof side will have live music by James Ryan Band starting at 10pm. The Green Room side will have DJ PopRoXxX starting at 9:30pm. Indoor and outdoor table packages available. $15 general admission, $50 – $350 for table packages.
- OLE RED ORLANDO: enjoy Live music 5-8pm and 9pm – 12:30am with Henry & Harvey performing live on stage from 5pm – 8pm followed by Mighty Swell Duo performing live on stage from 9pm – 12:30am. Menu items vary. More info New Year’s Eve at Ole Red Orlando
9. Go Get Your New Year’s Eve Party To Go!
This year many of us are choosing to stay home to ring in the New Year. Check out these restaurants for fantastic meals to go!
- 4 RIVERS SMOKEHOUSE: BBQ Fans get your Party Packs! 6-Person Party Package, $55. 12-person Party Package, $99. Each includes brisket, pulled pork, Texas sausage, 4R BBQ beans, mac and cheese and Southern cole slaw with slide buns and 4R Signature Sauce. 24-hour notice required, pick-up during regular business hours. More info: 844-474-8377 or visit 4rsmokehouse.com.
- BULLA GASTROBAR: Order Bulla Holiday Special – Cochinillo Holiday Meal To-Go Available November 27th – December 31st (Excludes December 25th), Half Cochinillo $199 (serves 6 to 8 guests) or Whole Cochinillo $380 (Serves 12-16 guests), Served with “Patatas Panaderas”
- THE CAPITAL GRILLE: Order a three-course, family-style dinner for takeout starting at $250 (serves 4-6), featuring roasted whole beef tenderloin with choice of butter-poached North Atlantic lobster tails or scampi-style jumbo shrimp, salad, sides and its signature brûlée-style cheesecake for dessert. Options for three- and four-course meals for two also available starting at $145. Holiday Grille Boxes ($170, serves 4) feature hand-cut steaks to prepare at home. Surf and turf: four lobster tails, four 10-oz. filets, Capital Grille Signature Steak Sauce. Bone-in porcini ribeye package: four 22-oz. cuts, porcini rub and one bottle each of extra virgin olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar. More info: TheCapitalGrille.com
- CHROMA MODERN BAR & KITCHEN serves up colorful small plates perfect for sharing paired with inventive cocktails, wines on tap and craft beers. Check out their Family Meals To Go. Lake Nona Blvd, Orlando. 407-955-4340 Order here.
- EDDIE V’S: The Restaurant Row favorite is offering Holiday Dinner To-Go For 2 – $150; For 4-6 – $250 Offering a Four-Course To-Go NYE or New Year’s Day dinner including a choice of two entrees – Herb-roasted tenderloin or Chilean Sea Bass, plus sides and dessert. Details here.
- MARLOW’S TAVERN: With locations in Lee Vista, Oviedo, and Waterford Lakes, order New Year’s Eve or New Years Day To-Go. Marlow’s is offering a New Years Eve Hors D’Oeuvres a la carte menu to-go starting at $17, featuring everything from Smoked Trout Dip to Beef Tenderloin, plus a variety of wine add-ons. Also offering a New Year’s Day Brunch to-go for 5-6 people for $120. Menu features choice of frittata, plus Raspberry French Toast Casserole, Biscuit & Sausage Gravy, sides, and dessert. Vegetarian frittata option. Both are for pick-up at Marlow’s Lee Vista, Oviedo, and Waterford Lakes locations on Dec. 31 by 5pm. Menus and order forms here.
- REEL FISH COASTAL KITCHEN + BAR: full menu of seafood and steak specialties is available for curbside pick up and delivery in the area, including their 1.5LB Maine Lobster special for only $39. Click here for info.
- REYES MESCALERIA: Order delicious, house-made tamales for the holidays. $30 per half dozen choose from three fillings: Chicken Verde, Rajas con Queso (vegetarian) or Pork Carnitas. Tamale kits can be ordered on Instagram, email, or online. Available now through New Year’s Eve, 48 hour notice required. Order online for your next date night or holiday event to bring a bit of Reyes to the festivities! Classic Margarita, Paloma, and Mezcal Margs available as well as Holiday Ponche, made with fresh hibiscus, apple, pear, orange, cinnamon, sugarcane and tequila.
- RUSSELL’S ON LAKE IVANHOE: Offering a Three Course Meal with 1st: Goat cheese & Spiced Pecan Salad, 2nd: Chateaubriand with Lobster Tail served with Celery Root Mash Potato & Roasted Vegetables and 3rd: Strawberry Cake. $75 per person. Available for TOGO from 5:00pm till 11:00pm. Can be prepared hot or cold with heating instructions included. Also available for Dine in from 5:00pm till 11:00pm. Dine in has the option of adding a bottle of Charles De Fere Blanc De Blancs for $30 a bottle.
- SEASONS 52: With locations in Altamonte Springs and Dr. Phillips, order your Holiday Green Box To-Go starting at $125 (serves 4-6). Entree choice of either Kona-crusted, wood-grilled tenderloin or whole side of cedar plank salmon, plus sides, salad, and six mini-indulgence desserts. Pre-order up to 24 hours in advance. Menu and ordering here.
- SIXTY VINES WINTER PARK: Sip, Sparkle and POP the champagne for a wine country-inspired celebration at home! Get Reheat-Ready Plates for Two: Salumi & Cheese, Filets with Grilled Shrimp, Choice of one side (select at checkout), Deviled Affogato. Sparking Wine: Luc Belaire Rose (Provence-Alpes-Cote de Azur) 375ml or Taittinger “La Francaise” Brut (Reims) 375ml. Craving more? Enjoy a la carte wine on tap 50% off! (add to order during pickup) You also get Midnight Props – while supplies last! Rosé Colored Glasses, Confetti popper, Sparklers and a Spotify Playlist. $150+ tax and fees! Orders must be placed by 8pm on December 29th. Purchase a limited edition, collectible champagne tumbler ($15) and bring it in for a complimentary glass of sparkling wine all year long! While supplies last – limited quantity available. Pick up Wednesday, December 30th – after 2pm or Thursday, December 31st – between 2-6pm. Order here.
- TAVERNA OPA & TAPA TORO: Located on International Drive, see notes above for their special holiday offerings which are also available To Go. You can read about my Taverna Opa At Home To Go experience here.
- THE TENNESSEE TRUFFLE: Chef Nat Russell is ready to help you welcome the new year at home. Pickup Black Eyed Peas, Creamed Greens, and half a Cornbread: Pennies, Dollars, and Gold! Available on New Year’s Eve from 5-8 pm. $36 will feed 2-3 people. Message him on Facebook if interested.
- UNCOMMON CATERING & EATERY: Order New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day charcuterie and accoutrement boards available for pre-order, all sizes. Drop off your own board in advance or get one from them ($10 or $20 each). Disposable trays also available. Two-tiered pricing: $12.50/person or $17.50/person for an array of artisan cheeses (rarer, non-retail items on upper-tier). Order deadline: Dec. 29. Pick up Dec. 31, 11 a.m.–4 p.m. Email [email protected] or call 407-985-1174.
- SWEET BY HOLLY: We all deserve a little sweetness to end this year and usher in 2021! Get Food Network’s Cupcake Wars 3x Champion, Hollis Wilder’s New Year’s Themed 6 pack for only $6 on 12/30 and12/31. Pre-order recommended. Click here.
Where will you choose to ring in the new year? Wherever it is, I hope you have a great time with family and friends. Go #MakeSomedayHappen and have a Happy New Year!